Sunday, 14 October 2012

Matte Nails

My new obsession. I can't get enough of this Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifying Topcoat recently. I bought it when it was on 2 for £7.00 at Boots making it much cheaper than other matte topcoat offerings (ie Essie's matte about you). I think it works best over nudes (as shown bellow) and over metallics. When used with metallics you can still see the glitter in the polish but it makes it look more like eye shadow, if that makes sense?!

nails inc. havana and Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifying Topcoat
nails inc. havana
nails inc. havana with Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifying Topcoat

The only downside about this polish is that the effect does wear off meaning it needs to be reapplied every couple of days. However, it dries pretty quickly so this really doesn't bother me. Great product- I recommend.




14 comments:

  1. I never knew such a thing existed! A definate next purchase! Amazing! Also, I love your blog, now following! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it as much as I do! And thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I may have to get this. I have wanted a matte varnish for a while and I always trust Rimmel to provide a good product :d Thanks for the reviews xxx


    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's helped. Yet another great cheap and cheerful product from Rimmel!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful color.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it's one of my faves

      Delete
  4. I have this and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hehe Your blog is sooo fab and I'm your newest follower hehe I was hoping ou could check mine out and follow back please?
    Thanks
    Rachael
    xxxx
    http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a shorty myself I absolutely love the name of your blog! haha

      Delete
  5. I love the nail colour its really love!
    Love your blog and I'm now following, can't wait to see more of your posts. Be fab if you took a look at my blog :)
    Have a great weekend
    Maddie xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Had a look at yours and following now :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh this looks so nice, definitely thinking of getting this now. Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's great if you're after something a bit different

      Delete
  7. I always want my nails really shiny, but I think you've just changed my mind on that.
    Beautiful
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always have a dilemma before I put it on because I do love shinny nails! But then I love this once it's on too!

      Delete